Sunday, August 15, 2010

Not so solid

So I had big plans this last week. I only managed a short recovery ride on Tuesday during lunch, a fast tempo ride on Friday morning but then a great 68 miles on Saturday with 2 significant climbs. So it wasn't a total waste. But when I can't get to bed until midnight sometimes, 5:30 just comes way to early. I also found I have am FRS addiction. I didn;t have any last week and it makes a huge difference with me getting out the door by 6 am. I actually fell asleep on the couch twice this week while getting ready for my ride! Pitful.

Now that its dark for most of my ride, I think I may move indoors again. I found that for the 1 hour efforts I actually get a more effective ride on the trainer.

So here's what I'll attempt this week:

Mon: recovery ride, 60 minutes
Tues: Spinervals 1.0 interval DVD
Wed: Toll road climb repeats
Thurs: repeat Tues
Friday: Tempo, 60 minutes outside
Sat: Ride to work then N. Ogden Divide and home after work (45 miles)

I may have mentioned this before, but I've been wearing compression pants at night after hard efforts. I've found that they really assit in recovery helping my legs feel refreshed after hard days on the bike. I've been using the CW-X brand of pants.

On Wednesday, the Tour of Utah starts Stage 1 here in Ogden. Look for me handing out flyers for the Harvest Moon Crit set for Sept 25th!

No comments:

Post a Comment