Monday, November 14, 2011

Glorious day

What a wonderful day it turned out to be today! Clouds, wind and cold greeted us here in Utah in the morning but by the time noon rolled around we were in the mid 50's with sunshine. Perfect for a nice 2 and a half hour ride.

Fall is a great time of year for long, slow base building rides. Many times today I said to myself, "man, I love riding my bike."

I upgraded to a Cat 3 road racer this fall. I'm a bit intimidated by the leap but the upgrade has given me an increased focus on my training. I've enlisted the help of a coach, Dave Harward at Plan 7 Endurance Coaching. This focus should get me on the right path so I'm not getting dropped on my first outings as a Cat 3.

Plan 7 has also joined with us for our winter training camps to be held this winter in St. George. If you're looking to get the most out of your off season, check out the website and make plans for joining us in beautiful southern Utah for some excellent training!

http://www.teamexcelerator.com/Winter_Training_Camps.html

No comments:

Post a Comment