Thursday, May 31, 2012

Listen to your fast

Today, I'm inspired by a Volkswagen commercial from a few years back,
"Listen to your fast".  The video below is quite hilarious, but pointed as well, when we think of speed. 

With the Bikes4Kids Stage Race starting tomorrow, my mind is set on the criterium.  The road race has a bit of climbing so we'll see what happens, but tomorrow's crit is dead flat with 2 sweeping turns around 'round abouts.  With my struggles in the last few hundred meters of recent races, maybe its time for me to drown out all the voices, competitors, doubts, pains, etc and only listen to my fast, that tiny voice that says "you're a badass".  I think its the only way I'll be competitive in these sprints. 

I've talked a lot about the mental game and that's truly where the men are separated from the boys in those last few moments of these fast, close finishes.  Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it goes.  In the meantime, listen to your fast, whatever it may be telling you.

No comments:

Post a Comment